Insurance billing experts say that a short, simple explanation of why treatment was performed can help make a difference when insurance carriers are considering whether to cover or not to cover a procedure. You can do this by adding additional information under a claim note.
1. To open the insurance claim window from the Ledger, double-click an existing dental claim in the transaction log. The Insurance Claim Note dialog box appears.
2. Click Note on the menu bar.
3. Click Insert Dateline, enter a note about the treatment, and check the spelling if desired.
Note: When submitting claims electronically, only the first 125 characters of the insurance claim note can be transmitted.
4. Click OK.
- For more information on insurance claims, see the Tracking the Status of Insurance Claims blog post.
- To edit or update dental claim information, see the Changing dental claim information Help topic.
- To view the history of a claim, see the Viewing insurance claim history Help topic.