Effective claims management is vital to the success of your dental organization. One way to effectively manage your insurance claims is to track the status of each claim and any interactions with the insurance company regarding outstanding claims.
Dentrix Enterprise makes it easy for you to track your insurance claims. In the Primary Dental Insurance Claim window, you can indicate the claim status and date, and you can also type a note to go along with the status so you have all the information you need. Claim status notes are a great place to store information about claims.
To change the claim status:
- From the Ledger, locate the claim and open it by double-clicking the claim.
- Double-click the Status block.
- Check the status you want to set:
- Claim Sent – When the claim is sent, the status is automatically flagged as Sent, and the sent date defaults to the current date. When the claim is received, the status is automatically flagged as Received, and the date defaults to the date of the payment or estimate. You can change the date if necessary.
- Tracer Sent – Select this option if you attempted to track the claim and enter the appropriate date.
- On Hold – Select this option if the claim is on hold and enter the appropriate date.
- Re-sent – Select this option if the claim was resubmitted and enter the appropriate date.
- Voided – Select this option if you need to submit a voided claim to an insurance.
- To clarify or give additional information about the status of a claim, enter a note in the Claim Status Note text box. Click Insert Dateline to add a date to the text.
- Click OK to save the changes to the claim status.
- When a payment is entered for a dental claim, the status is automatically flagged as Received.
- To learn more about this feature read the Changing claim statuses Help file.
- To learn more about Dentrix Enterprise, visit the Dentrix Enterprise Resource Center. Both the knowledgebase and training videos are included with your Dentrix Enterprise Customer Service Plan.