Any time you need to jump ahead in the Appointment Book by more than a few days to schedule an appointment for a patient (for example, recare appointments), it can be a pain to use either the Calendar button or Navigation Buttons to do so. You may wonder, “Is there is a simpler way to do this?” There is with Flip Tabs!
You can navigate through your schedule quickly and easily using Flip Tabs in the Appointment Book. Flip Tabs act like bookmarks or placeholders in a paper schedule. They allow you to jump a few days, weeks, or months at a time, making it simple to find and view future appointment times. You can set up flip tabs to accommodate the intervals you jump to most frequently in your office. You can set up 12 different flip tabs—four flip tabs for each Appointment Book view (Day View, Week View, and Month View).
To set up flip tabs:
- In the Appointment Book, select Setup > Flip Tab Setup.
- Select the Day View, Week View, or Month View tab to create a flip tab for that view.
- Enter the Description for the flip tab, such as 2 weeks or Lab.
- If desired, edit the color of the text for the flip tab by clicking the Text Color button.
- Select one of the options in the Type drop-down. Absolute is used for a specific date (e.g. January 17, 2019). Relative is used to jump the schedule forward or backward by a specific number of days (for example, 15 days forward for an appointment needing enough time for lab work to get done and sent back to the office).
- Repeat steps 2 – 5 for all other flip tabs.
- Click OK to save and exit.