Frequently, your practice will post or schedule commonly grouped procedures, such as a prophy and exam, at the same time for your patients. Having to post these procedures individually every single time can be a time waster, especially for a large practice. A multi-code can solve this issue for your practice.
In Dentrix Enterprise, a multi-code is a set of procedure codes that are commonly scheduled or posted together at the same time. Instead of having to post or schedule these procedures separately, you can group them in a single multi-code. By using multi-codes, you can save considerable time when scheduling or posting treatment for your patients.
Dentrix Enterprise comes with 10 pre-set multi-codes*:
- DO Amalgam
- DO Composite, post-permanent
- MOD Amalgam
- MOD Composite, post-permanent
- Cont. Care – Prophy, Adult
- Cont. Care – Comprehensive
- Cont. Care – Prophy, Child
- Initial Exam/New Pt
- Tx Root Canal and Crown
*See the online help file, Multi-Code Setup, to see details of each these pre-set multi codes.
You may find that you need to create your own multi-codes, based on the types of procedures your practice routinely completes. In the Multi-Code Editor in Dentrix Enterprise, you can specify a description for the multi-code, set the amount of time required to complete the group of procedures the multi-code consists of, and which procedures (surfaces, quadrants, etc.) are part of the code.
Once created, the multi-code can then be selected from the list of procedure code categories when:
- Creating an appointment in the Appointment Book
- Entering Procedures from the Ledger
- Entering procedures from the Patient Chart
- See the Multi-code Setup help file for specifics on how to create or edit a multi-code.
- See the Deleting multi-codes help file to learn how to delete a multi-code you no longer use anymore.