Do you sell electric toothbrushes or bleaching supplies in your practice? For items that you sell to patients, how do you ensure that, when you post that code to the Ledger, it won’t be included on insurance claims?
The good news is that, in Dentrix Enterprise, you can set up those procedure codes to not be billed to insurance by default. You set up this default in the Procedure Code Editor.
- From the Maintenance menu in the Office Manager, point to Practice Setup, and then click Procedure Code Setup.
- To edit a procedure code, on the ADA-CDT Codes tab, select a category in the Procedure Code Category list. All procedures associated with that category appear in the list on the right.
- Select the procedure code you want to edit, and then click Edit.
- Select the Do Not Bill to Dental Insurance check box to exclude the procedure from insurance claims by default.
- Click Save.
- Click Close to return to the Procedure Code Setup dialog box.
Note: Selecting the Do Not Bill to Dental Insurance check box also prevents the procedure code from appearing on the Procedures Not Attached to Insurance Report.