There may be circumstances when you need to reschedule a block of appointments for a day, such as a last-minute call from a parent to reschedule all of their kids’ appointments or when you need to close an operatory because of equipment failure.
When these events happen, it means that you’ll need to reschedule one or perhaps even a group of appointments. This could be a long and labor-intensive process, but it doesn’t have to be. Appointments can be dragged to a different time slot or operatory on the same day, or you can use the Pinboard to move appointments to a different day.
- With an appointment selected, click the Move to Pinboard menu or right-click an individual appointment.
- Select Move to Pinboard.
- Select the option you need:
- Selected Appointment: Moves that appointment only.
- Family Appts for Displayed Date: Moves any appointments for patients that are in the same family group in the Family File.
- Provider’s Appts for Displayed Date: Moves any appointments assigned to that provider.
- Operatory Appts for Displayed Date: Moves appointments in that operatory.
- All Appointments for Displayed Date: Moves all appointments for that date.
When trying to move multiple appointments to the Pinboard, you will see this message:
If you select Move appointments to the Pinboard and keep them scheduled on Appointment Book, the appointments will appear on the Pinboard, but they will also still appear in the Appointment Book at the original times UNTIL you move them from the Pinboard to new times.
If you select Move appointments to the Pinboard and remove them from the Appointment Book, the appointments will appear in the Pinboard, but the appointments will NOT appear in the Appointment Book at the original times. You can still move the appointments to new times from the Pinboard.