Recently, a question was posted on our Dentrix Enterprise Users Facebook group about how to get different payment types on the Deposit Slip.
Being able to separate out different types of payments can be beneficial in many ways. For example, the Deposit Slip will display a breakdown of payments by payment type per day (or a date range). The Payment Summary Report also shows grand totals for each payment type, letting you track each payment source’s contribution to your total collection efforts.
If you find you that Dentrix Enterprise is not set up to track one of your payment sources, you can add that source as a payment type in the Office Manager.
- From the Office Manager, select Maintenance > Practice Setup > Definitions.
- Under Definition Type, click on Payment Types.
- Click Add and then enter the description of the new payment type.
Now, if a payment from this source is posted in Dentrix Enterprise, you can assign it to the new payment type you created. From that point on, your reports will track how often that type was used and how much money was collected using that new payment type.
- For more information on sorting transactions on the deposit slip, view the Day Sheet – deposit slip Help file.
- For more information, view the Payment Types Help file.
- To learn more about Dentrix Enterprise, visit the Dentrix Enterprise Resource Center. Both the knowledgebase and training videos are included with your Dentrix Enterprise Customer Service Plan.