Do you ever wish you could write a general note on the chart that isn’t attached to any clinical or procedure note? In Dentrix Enterprise 11.0, the Patient Chart features a new digital notepad called Chart Notes. The new Chart Notes feature is non-sequential, so think of it as a digital sticky note for jotting down temporary notes.
Chart Notes can be used to document patient preferences, sensitivities, declined treatment, or even as a temporary “to do” list. For example, a chart note may indicate that the patient prefers having a blanket and headphones during treatment or that they prefer a certain flavor of fluoride, etc.
The Chart Notes tool shows you a quick view of patient clinical preferences without the impact of a pop-up alert. Keep these in mind when using the Chart Notes feature:
- The notes are always visible in the Patient Chart and there is no way to hide them from view.
- The Chart Notes window can pop out of the Patient Chart for better viewing by clicking .
- Chart Notes cannot be locked.
- Chart Notes can be deleted.
- Chart Notes can be up to 8,000 characters and you can check the spelling by clicking .
- Use caution and refrain from listing any long-term clinical or private patient information.
Chart Notes is just one of the many great features introduced in Dentrix Enterprise 11.0. Please visit https://www.dentrixenterprise.com/11 to learn how these features can help you achieve your mission to provide better, faster, and easier patient care.
- For more information, see the Dentrix Enterprise 11.0 Release Guide’s section on Entering Chart Notes.
- To learn more about Dentrix Enterprise, visit the Dentrix Enterprise Resource Center. Both the knowledgebase and training videos are included with your Dentrix Enterprise Customer Service Plan.