The Dentrix Enterprise Document Center is a useful tool for going paperless and managing electronic files associated with your patients—just like a digital filing cabinet. Within the Document Center, documents can be labeled, organized, and “filed” so they can be attached to charts and sent to insurance carriers, for example. The Document Center can help you manage and store your patients’ documents by assigning them into categories (called document types) for easy access.
As you receive and generate electronic documents for your patients, you can quickly import them to the Document Center and then attach them to patients, providers, and insurance carriers.
How To import documents and files into the Document Center:
- In the Document Center, select a patient you want to attach a document to.
- From the Acquire menu, click Import from File.
- Locate and select the file you want to copy from your computer.
You can import any file type supported by Windows. However, only the following types of files can be previewed inside the Document Center: Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf), Microsoft Word (*.doc, *.docx), Microsoft Excel (*.xls, *.xlsx), Microsoft PowerPoint (*.ppt), images (*.bmp, *.gif, *.jpg, *.png), plain text (*.txt), and rich text (*.rtf).
4. Click Open. The Document Information dialog box appears.
5. From the Document Information dialog box, enter the necessary information about the document, such as the Document Type, a description, and a detailed note.
6. If necessary, you can attach this document to other sources, such as another patient, staff member, or insurance plan. Click the Modify Document Attachments button to open the Modify Document Attachments dialog box. Then, attach the document to another source. For example, if you attach a document to a patient and a provider, that same document will show up for both sources.
7. Once you have attached all applicable sources to the document, click Close to return to the Document Information dialog box.
8. Click OK to add the document to the patient’s Document Center.
- For more information on importing documents, see the Acquiring documents overview Help topic.