Did you know you can customize the tooltip text that appears when you hover over a procedure button in the Chart? Tooltip text in Dentrix Enterprise can be easily customized to match your preferences. For example, if you have new dental assistants who are just learning dental terminology, you can customize the tooltip text associated with procedure D3330 to say “Root Canal” instead of “Endodontic therapy.”
- In the Patient Chart, from the File menu, select Setup Procedure Buttons…
- Select the Chart Button template (Chart Procedure Button Templates are available in version 8.0.9 and above) you want to modify from the Select Template drop-down list.
- Click the procedure button you want to change.
- A message will appear informing you that any updates you make will change the custom template for this patient. Click OK to continue.
Note: If you desire to make changes to the global Chart Button Template so all users will see this change, you will need to update the template in the Office Manager > Maintenance > Practice Setup > Chart Procedure Button Setup
- In the Select Tooltip Text group box, select Use Custom Text, and then change the default text in the field to your desired text.
- Make any other changes as needed and click OK.
Now, when you hover your mouse over the procedure button in the Chart, it will display the new custom text.
- View the Creating your own custom procedure button set Help file to learn more about this feature.
- For more information about procedure buttons or the Patient Chart, log into the Dentrix Enterprise Resource Center and take the Clinical Essentials self-paced online course. These training courses are included with your Dentrix Enterprise Customer Service Plan.