There are a lot of things to remember to do when you create an appointment, or when you check patients in at the front desk. And when the phone is ringing and there are patients standing at the front counter, it’s easy to forget things.
Dentrix Enterprise gives you a checklist at the bottom of the Appointment Information dialog box that you can use to make sure you have completed common tasks such as verifying insurance, collecting a co-pay, updating health history, or scheduling the next appointment. You can customize this checklist to include the tasks you want taken care of for each appointment in your organization.
For example, if you have a new cancellation policy that you want to explain to patients, you can add a checklist item that can be tracked as you create and confirm patient appointments.
How To Customize the Appointment Checklist
- From the Office Manager, click Maintenance > Practice Setup > Definitions.
- Under Definition Type, select Appointment Check List.
- In the Definition Text field, enter the name of the checklist item you want to add, and click Add.
- You can have up to 12 appointment checklist items in Definitions. If you already have 12 items, you will need to either delete the items you aren’t using or change them to new items you want to use.
- Changing an existing item affects all instances of this appointment checklist item that have been assigned to patients. Be aware if you change an existing checklist item, and that item has been checked on appointments, the new checklist item will now be checked on those appointments. Update those appointments as necessary.
- We recommend only deleting an appointment checklist item if it has not been assigned to any patient.
- View the Appointment Check List and Practice Definitions Help files to learn more about this feature.