When you track patient medications, not only can you create a better understanding of your patients’ overall health, but you can also help to avoid the possibility of prescribing contraindicated medications.
When a patient fills out a questionnaire with the medications they are taking, you can take that information and add it to their Medical Alerts in Dentrix Enterprise.
- In the patient’s chart, click the Medical Alerts Button.
- Click New Medical Alert(s) and select Medication.
- Click Search.
- Search for the medication.
- Select the specific medication.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- Enter details about the medication as necessary.
Once you have added a patient’s medications, they are visible whenever you open the patient’s Medical Alerts, providing you vital information about your patient’s overall health.
- For more information, view the Assigning Medical Alerts Help file.
- To learn more about Dentrix Enterprise, visit the Dentrix Enterprise Resource Center. Both the knowledgebase and training videos are included with your Dentrix Enterprise Customer Service Plan.